Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

B is for Bears and Berets

B is for bears

Baby Bear Cub by Sue Pedleton.
Who can resist such a sad little bear face?
The ballet bear. For her full story read on here @ The Ballet Years
From my favourite ever knitted bear book by Debbie Bliss.
And Sleepy Bear in a Bunny Suit from the same book. I've made this one a few times as a new baby gift (though this one is not mine, it's by This is Knit).
Graduation bear - One of the gradu-animals
And I know that Pandas aren't really bears. but this was too cute to resist. And it reminds me of certain Italian exchange student who is obsessed with Pandas
By Owlishly (Mia Zamora-Johnson): Pearl in a Panda Suit.

B is for Berets


Anyone who is a regular reader of my blog may have guessed that I'm a fan of a beret. You merely have to follow the next instalment of the ongoing saga that is The Beret Project. (Just type "The Beret Project" into the search box on my blog to see all berets so far). These are the ones on the top of my to do list...

The Beckett Beret by Mary Veterano (Platformnine Designs)
Inspired by the character Detective Kate Beckett from the TV show Castle. Love the cables (and the colour).
Classic Elite Yarns Soft Linen Lace Beret
I like the fact that this has a panel of  contrasting stitches at the front.
The Rustling Leaves Beret by Alana of Never Not Knitting from the book Coastal Knits. I'm amazed at ingenuity of interlocking leaves and how it was inspired by eucalyptus leaves rustling in the ocean winds. How very Australian for a beret design inspired by the American coastline.
And finally, lets mesh the themes. Here's a Bear in a Beret.
The British Army Teddy Bear, with his red beret and camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to say Hi. It's so much fun hearing from my cyber friends.